Control your climate.
The KICKR HEADWIND is the first ever smart fan, designed with the cyclist in mind. Its Targeted Airflow Pattern mirrors the shape and position of a cyclist's body while riding. The KICKR HEADWIND is sensor controlled so as your speed or heart rate increases, so will the fan speed, and there are also 4 manual speed settings should you want to set your own ideal airflow. With speeds of over 30 mph (48 kph), the KICKR HEADWIND will keep you cool during the toughest training sessions.
POWERFUL AIRFLOW: With wind speeds topping out at over 30 mph the KICKR HEADWIND will keep you cool during your hardest efforts.
TARGETED AIRFLOW PATTERN: The Targeted Airflow Pattern of the KICKR HEADWIND is designed to mirror the shape and position of a cyclist's body while riding on a bicycle.
SENSOR BASED FAN SPEED CONTROL: Control the speed of your KICKR HEADWIND by pairing your ANT+ speed sensor, heart rate monitor, or smart trainer directly to the fan. As your speed or heart rate increases so will the fan speed.
APP BASED FAN SPEED CONTROL: Pair to the Wahoo App via Bluetooth for easy fan speed control at your fingertips.
4 MANUAL FAN SPEEDS: Control the KICKR HEADWIND with a simple press of a button. Four (4) preprogrammed fan speeds allow you to select your ideal airflow.
KICKR DESK COMPATIBLE: The KICKR HEADWIND was specially designed to fit with the KICKR DESK. The wheels on the KICKR HEADWIND allow you to roll the fan into position when it is attached to your KICKR DESK.
- Part Number: WFBKTR7UK
- Plug and Socket Type: UK
- Motor Spec: 240v 50/60hz
- Dimensions (leg tucked): 16"L x 12"W x 19"H
- Dimensions (leg extended): 18"L x 12"W x 19"H
- Weight: 12 lb
- Max Fan Speed: 30 mph/48 kph
- Wireless Software Updates: Yes
- Bluetooth - Pair to phone to control the fan speed via app
- ANT+ - Pair to speed sensor, heart rate monitor, or smart trainer to control fan speed
- Adjustable Leg: Yes - 2 Positions
|What you get||1 x Kickr Headwind|
1. WHAT DEVICES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH KICKR HEADWIND?
KICKR HEADWIND pairs to the Wahoo Fitness App on iOS and Android mobile devices via Bluetooth®, or connects directly to ANT+ enabled heart rate monitors like the Wahoo TICKR, speed sensors like the Wahoo RPM Speed, and trainers like all Wahoo Smart Trainers or other ANT+ enabled third party trainers.
- Apple iOS devices on iOS 10 or newer
- Android devices running Android 6 or newer
Trainers & Sensors:
- ANT+ enabled heart rate monitors like the Wahoo TICKR
- ANT+ enabled speed sensors like the Wahoo RPM Speed
- All Wahoo Smart Trainers
- ANT+ enabled third party trainers
2. HOW DO I PAIR A SENSOR OR TRAINER TO KICKR HEADWIND?
- Select Speed or Heart Rate Mode for direct pairing to a trainer or sensor. Airflow increases gradually as you speed up or work harder.
- To pair directly with a trainer or speed sensor, press the left button once to select SPD and enter Speed mode.
- To pair directly with a Heart Rate sensor, press the left button again to select HR and enter Heart Rate mode.
- SPD and HR lights blink when searching for sensors. Hold the power button for 3 seconds to begin searching for unpaired ANT+ enabled sensors and trainers.
- Activate the sensor and hold near the KICKR HEADWIND. For trainers, keep the HEADWIND within 9ft (3m) for best results.
- The selected mode light on the KICKR HEADWIND becomes solid when paired.
- In SPD or HR mode, KICKR HEADWIND enters a power-saving standby* state after 3 minutes of inactivity. Once in standby, the fan and LED lights are powered off. The KICKR HEADWIND will turn back on once the last paired sensor is in range and activated.
This allows you to simply use a sensor to start up and power down KICKR HEADWIND without ever touching a button!
*Standby supported in firmware 1.0.2 and newer. For updates, pair with the Wahoo Fitness app following instructions in the next section.
Note: KICKR HEADWIND saves the last paired sensor (even if unplugged) for automatic pairing. To pair a new sensor, first select the desired mode, then hold the power button for 3 seconds to begin a new search for unpaired sensors and trainers.
3. HOW DO I CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS FOR KICKR HEADWIND?
You can adjust the speed or heart rate at which the KICKR HEADWIND blows at minimum and maximum. If you need greater airflow, select lower values. For a quieter ride with less airflow, adjust these settings to higher values.
Adjust the Speed or Heart Rate for Minimum & Maximum Fan Speed
Pair KICKR HEADWIND with the Wahoo Fitness App for iOS or Android to adjust min and max fan speed.
- With the KICKR HEADWIND plugged in and Bluetooth® enabled on your mobile device, open the Wahoo Fitness app and tap Sensors.
Note: On Android, be sure to also enable location services.
- Select Add New Sensor to search for available sensors.
- Choose HEADWIND from the list.
- Always Upgrade Firmware if available and follow the directions in the app for the newest features and best experience.
- Once updated, select Save device to add it to the saved sensors list.
- Mark the workout profiles KICKR HEADWIND will be active for (Indoor Cycling, Treadmill, etc.) then select Done to complete pairing.
- On iOS, select HEADWIND once saved to open the sensor page.
- Select desired mode to adjust (Speed or Heart Rate).
- Set min and max values for speed or heart rate. KICKR HEADWIND will blow at its minimum or maximum speed at the values selected.
4. WHAT POWER STATES DOES KICKR HEADWIND SUPPORT AND HOW DO I USE STANDBY?
Bluetooth is Always Broadcasting
Once plugged in, KICKR HEADWIND broadcasts over Bluetooth® both before and after the power button is pressed. This enables fully hands-free control and easy pairing to the Wahoo Fitness App, even if it appears off.
Select HR or SPD Mode for Direct Pairing
Once HR or SPD mode is selected and the corresponding LED light is illuminated (either by selecting a mode manually after pressing the power button, or by selecting a mode from the Wahoo Fitness App), KICKR HEADWIND begins searching for the most recently directly paired ANT+ enabled device. To pair a new device, hold down the power button for 3 seconds to have KICKR HEADWIND forget the last paired device and begin searching for another. After direct pairing, simply walk away from the KICKR HEADWIND to have it enter standby* after 3 minutes of inactivity (recommended), or power down KICKR HEADWIND using the power button to have it immediately shut down and stop looking for ANT+ devices.
KICKR HEADWIND Standby State
In SPD or HR mode, KICKR HEADWIND enters a power-saving standby* state after 3 minutes of inactivity. Once in standby, the fan and LED lights are powered off. KICKR HEADWIND will turn back on once the last paired sensor is in range and activated. This allows you to simply use a sensor to start up or power down KICKR HEADWIND without ever touching a button!
Note: Powering off KICKR HEADWIND using the power button while in HR or SPD mode deactivates standby.